Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Who Goes Amid the Green Wood...



Looking up through the Beech and Poplar.


"One day I undertook a tour through the country, and the diversity and beauties of nature I met with in this charming season, expelled every gloomy and vexatious thought."

                                                                                           -Daniel Boone

A trail through poplar, beech, and laurel.
Bumps on a beech.
       I'll be coming back for these burls on this tree this winter, when the sap is not running.  They should make some fine bowls or kuksa.

Wild grapevine.

Natural Bridge, Virginia...this one was not surveyed by Jefferson.
Looking up stream.
            I'm looking forward to coming back out here with a hook and a line, as the herons and osprey seemed to have good luck fishing while I was there.

Yellowflag Iris

      I'm looking forward to coming back out here with a hook and a line, as the herons seemed to have good luck fishing while I was there.

                                                                                     -Cincinnatus

     "O LORD, our LORD, how majestic is your name in all the earth! You have set your glory
above the heavens.  When I consider your heavens, the work of your fingers, the moon and the stars, which you have set in place, what is man that you are mindful of him, the son of man that you care for him?"

                                                                                      -Psalms 8:1-4

No comments:

Post a Comment